Monday 30 April 2007

Katradhu Vaan Alavu - 09


Hi Buddies, I am back again.....

"God cannot go everywhere, so He made Mother"
During 1988, there was a Major Passing Out Parade (MPOP), for which there used to be events which normally may not be there for other routine Passing Out Parades. We were the junior most lot. We were made to participate in the PT Display as a part of MPOP. Considering my good performance, I was put in the stand by lot. I was very sure that I would not participate in the display. All our friends were given vigorous training for the display. Since we should not be left just like that we were also made to undergo the training. No GTI was watching the stand by that keenly. Wouldn't it be enough for me, so I was extra casual. My bad luck, one of the GTI watched me and I was asked to report to another but very very strict GTI. Sulukku edukka pattadhu enbadhai sollavum vendumo ?!?

For the Display, the dress was full White and White and we were not having. Hence, it was to be purchased from the Market. That way there was a need to go to the Market and I was one among the lucky lot to go out just before three months. Otherwise, three months training is a must before going out in the Civil Area after joining IAF. We went by the Military Truck and what a journey it was ?!?

It took almost three to four hours in the Market to finish the purchase and by the time we were back, it was around 2100 hrs. Food was kept ready for us both NV and Veg. But the ladle was only one, what an experience ? Then we got excused from the Night Roll Call. We were privileged to escape from that. Hardly any one gets excuses from the Night Roll Call.

So, the training was going on smoothly. So, the day of the MPOP came and my fellow trainees did display a very good display ?!? during the MPOP. It was well appreciated, no doubt since I was not one among them - right ?!? The training we did included the Drill/PT/Games and the Education.

Every three months, there used to be new intakes for the induction into the IAF. Those many personnel go out as well. In order to fill the gap, the recruitment goes on. Or else, there will be a lot of short fall and hence, the recruitment used to be there every three months. When it was felt not necessary that time, there might not be recruitments. Or else, the recruitment is a continuous process.

Like IAF, we have Indian Army, Indian Navy. These are the three Services of the Nation and these are Military Forces. Similarly, we have Para Military Forces as well, like CRPF, BSF, etc. In my opinion, the toughest life is of BSF, Army and that of CRPF as well and at times the life in the Navy also tougher. By and large, the life in the IAF is comparatively comfortable.

C U Soon... May God Bless.

7 comments:

Sumathi. said...

ஹாய் செந்தில்,


//Considering my good performance,
Sulukku edukka pattadhu enbadhai sollavum vendumo ?!?//

ஏலேய்.... நீ அம்பூட்டு நல்லவனா?

Sumathi. said...

haay sewthil,

// the life in the IAF is comparatively comfortable//

அதானா விஷயம், ஐயா எப்பவும் தூங்கறதுக்கான டானிக்...

G3 said...

//Sulukku edukka pattadhu enbadhai sollavum vendumo ?!?//

Nalla thaan kavanichirukaanga pola ungala :-))

SENTHIL EG IYAPPAN said...

Hi,

//Nalla thaan kavanichirukaanga pola ungala :-))//

Newton's III Law

May God Bless.

G3 said...

//Newton's III Law //

Adada.. ennanga.. edho marklaan kammiya vaanginenu sollittu inga vandhu ippai law pointlaan correcta soldreenga???

Appo neenga notaamai maadiri verum build-upu thaana.. ;-))

ராதா செந்தில் said...

நீங்கள் ஏன் தமிழில் எழுதுவதில்லை.

SENTHIL EG IYAPPAN said...

Radha Senthil Avargaley,

Your literary works are highly appreciable and excellent.

Naan Y Tamililezhudhuvadhillai? - In my computer no Tamil Fonts. I don't want to load also - as I don't have net in my house. Otherwise I am fond of writing in Tamil. That is the reason why I try to DESCRIBE the things in Tamil. I have certain constraints to publish in Tamil and please do understand. May God Bless.